Below is the simple method for you to flash/install the Android 6.0 on your Infinix Hot 2 via SP Flash Tool.
Note: You can now update your Hot2 via OTA. It is advisable you
find out if the update is already available on your phone so that you
don’t go through all these long processes. To check, navigate to
Settings » About Phone » Software Update. If it say your system is up to
date, you can then commence with the steps below.
Note: This is not an official firmware from Infinix. It is a copy of Marshmallow Rom dumped by Hovatek Team to create its scattered file, which makes flashing possible via SP Flash Tool.
SP Flashtool – Download it here
Android 6.0 Rom Dump – Download it here
VComm Driver – Download it here
Steps to Install VCOM Drivers
1. Extract the downloaded Vcom Drivers.
2. Go to Device Manager » click Action » click Add Legacy Hardware
3. Under welcome to add new hardware, click next
4. Select, Advanced Option and click next
5. Select “show all devices” and click next.
6. Click have disk
7. Browse to your Vcom Drivers extracted folder and select the driver setup up file and click
open, then ok.
8. Select Mediatek preloader usb vcom driver and click next.
To Flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Infinix Hot 2 X510 Via SP Flash Tool
1. Extract the Android 6.0 Dump Rom file which you downloaded from the above link to the desktop screen of your computer or create a
folder and extract to it.
3. Navigate to the SP Flash Tool folder and double click on it
4. Launch the SP flash tool.exe
5. Once it is launched, hit the Scatter-loading button. Navigate to the Infinix Hot 2 rom folder and select the scatter file MT6580_Android_scatter.txt “
Smartphone immediately to the computer with a USB without battery, and
press Volume Down or up key, so it would be detected
easily by your computer.
process would be in progress, and once the Flashing is complete you will
see a green circle confirming… With Download OK
Simple as that. Boot your Infinix Hot 2 devices and Android 6.0 Marshmallow will smile to your on the device!
Likely Question: Will I be able to flash future OTA updates after flashing this ROMDump?
Answer: Yes, you will. The ROMDump
is not rooted and is also running on stock recovery. It passed the
System Check test, see proof below: