This guide will teach you how to create custom navigation button for your Andriod 4.0+
How to Enable Soft Keys:
Section 1: Pre-requisites
- You must have root access on your device.
- Install Root Explorer
or ES File Explorer, Rom Toolbox Lite or any file manager with which you can access the
system build.prop partition. Below steps are given for Root Explorer. and the video tutorial is given for Rom Toolbox Lite
- Make sure your device is at least 70% charged to avoid complications during the process.
Section 2: Procedure
- Open your preferred file manager and mount the system partition as
read-write in stead of read only. Grant superuser access when it
- Go to the system folder present in the root of file system. i.e the path- /system
- Now open the file “build.prop” in any Text Editor. For Root Explorer users, long click on “build.prop”
file and tap on “Open with Text Editor”. (Before editing this file, for
a safety, copy this file to the external memory card and save as a
- Now add the following line to this file at the end:
- Save and Exit.
- Now reboot your device.
See Below Video Tutorial on how to enable onscreen Keys using Rom toolbox Lite