How to Enable Soft Keys:Section 1: Pre-requisites
- You must have root access on your device.
- Install Root Explorer or ES File Explorer, Rom Toolbox Lite or any file manager with which you can access the system build.prop partition. Below steps are given for Root Explorer. and the video tutorial is given for Rom Toolbox Lite
- Make sure your device is at least 70% charged to avoid complications during the process.
- Open your preferred file manager and mount the system partition as read-write in stead of read only. Grant superuser access when it prompts.
- Go to the system folder present in the root of file system. i.e the path- /system
- Now open the file “build.prop” in any Text Editor. For Root Explorer users, long click on “build.prop” file and tap on “Open with Text Editor”. (Before editing this file, for a safety, copy this file to the external memory card and save as a backup.)
- Now add the following line to this file at the end:
- Save and Exit.
- Now reboot your device.
How to Enable Navigation Bar (Soft Keys) on any Android Phone Reviewed by dsmedia24 on 4:14:00 AM Rating: