Uninstall System Apps Without Root/Custom Recovery
There are some debloater applications in MIUI, Like Google Play Movies, Drive, Hangouts, Mi Picks..etc which is not essential for everyone. There is so many way to uninstall these app with Root, but not without Root ,today’s guide will walk you through how to manually uninstall these system applications without root access. All you need is a few simple ADB commands in a command prompt.
Things you needed.
1. Android Phone
2. Computer & Usb Cable.
3. Usb Drivers Download
4. Adb Binary Download
5.App Inspector App Playstore Link
1.Install the USB drivers (Skip if you already installed)
2.Extract the Adb Binary file into a folder that you can quickly access.
3.On your phone, go to Settings and tap on About Phone. Find the MIUI Version and tap on it many times to enable Developer Options.
4. Once it enabled Go to Settings > Additional Setting> Developer Option Turn Usb Debugging On
5. Plug your phone into the computer and change it from “charge only” mode to “file transfer (MTP)” mode.
6.On your computer, browse to the directory where you extracted the ADB binary.
7.Launch a Command Prompt in your ADB folder. For Windows users, this can be done by holding Shift and Right-clicking then selecting the “open command prompt here” option
8.Once you’re in the command prompt/terminal, enter the following command:
- adb devices
9. You will see that the system is starting the ADB daemon. If this is your first time running ADB, you will see a prompt on your phone asking you to authorize a connection with the computer. Grant it.
10. Enter the following command
- adb shell
11. Open App Inspector App & note down the Package name of System App Which want to uninstall
eg: Hangouts : com.google.android.talk
12.Execute the command below (without <>) to uninstall a specific system application.
- pm uninstall -k –user 0 <name of package>
eg. for hangouts
- pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.google.android.talk
13. Command will Successfully Remove the application.
Tested By Me
Xda, Google, faebook