Its not about how many article that you post on your website or blog
each day to result top in Search Engine Result Page, its all about how
much quality that your content has, for that blogger’s spend several
hour’s online to post a quality content. But what if you (or) someone
who have privilege to access your account has deleted your blog post
accidentally, your hour’s of work turned nothing.
When you delete an e-mail its quite possible to recover from the Trash folder
unless deleted permanently, but by default blogger interface doesn’t
have any such folder to recover the deleted post. so recovering the data
back to blog turned complex, but actually its easy to retrieve back if
you know the trick.
How to restore deleted post back to blog ?
Google search engines crawl article posted frequently,
index them and saves a cache version of the page, and keeps on updating
it. we have numerous possible choices to retrieve it back.
- With Google Cache
- Draft Post
- Feed Burner
- Way2back machine
1. Recover deleted blog post with “google cache”
Whenever a blog article is
posted, often search engine will make a cache version of the page,
which will be updated in a regular time interval, which has all the
information about the particular URL last appeared on site before
To find the deleted blog post Url:
- Type site:yourblogname.blogspot.com in google search engine.
- (Note: if you know the url simply type cache:yourblogurl in search page or address bar directly to open cache version)
- [site:yourblogname.blogspot.com title name] this query will filter serach result.
Publishing the cache version of deleted blog post/page:
You can simply copy the post and re-publish
it, but you cannot get the traffic and comments that you receive for
that particular post back. so to get the actual blog post traffic and
comments back try posting it with the blog url.
- Press ctrl+u (or) right click and select view source at cache version of the page.
- At the source window press ctrl+f and type postID something like this postID=4950781826288432010‘ Note it down.
- Now go to blog dashboard of the blog post which you want to recover.
(Note: Since you can create maximum of 100 blogs per account, each blog
that you create has unique blog ID)
- Open any published post (or) open new post and click edit option to open post editor.
- Replace the post ID that you find on the browser bar, with the deleted post ID that you noted down at step 2.
- Press Enter key, and the post editor will display the deleted post content in it.
- Now click publish button, to make the deleted blog post to re-appear live on internet.
2. Recover Deleted Unpublished Draft Post
Unless or until you clear the browser history it is easy to get back your deleted draft post.
- Look up into your browser history (or)
- Type blogger on address bar it will list some recently visited blogger sites.
- Open all the address to find the draft post.
3.Retrieve removed blog post with feed burner
whenever you create and publish post on blogger
the feed burner associated with it will automatically create a version
of your blog post. To retrieve the blog post simply visit the feed
address and there you will find all your feeds listed.
Note: If you have set your blogger feed settings to Allow blog feed to “Short and Until Jump Break”, it may be impossible to retrieve the deleted blog post with feeds.
4.Way Back Machine – Web Archive
Blogger will remove URL from its cache version
that were dead for 90 day’s, but we have another crawler called “way
back machine” just like google crawler, this crawler also crawls and
saves cached file in its database.
- Simply visit https://archive.org/
- Enter the url into search field and click browse history.
- It plot’s the dates of the url crawled last.
Hope you find it useful, and do comment below if you have any queries related to the content.